I'm missing sound in my apps
If your apps are missing sound it is often due to a "bug" in your iPad which we have no control over. However, there is a solution.
1) Start an app that's missing sound and double click the iPads big, round button (Home).
2) Now a menu appears at the bottom of the screen which you can move by sliding it. Move it to the right until the menu have reached its far left.
3) Here you will find a panel similar to a video player and on the far left of this panel is a sound icon which you need to click (so that it's not crossed over anymore).
4) Click anywhere on the screen (except on the menu itself) and you will return to the app.
5) Sound will now be heard in this and every other app. It's a tricky "bug" because it's not affecting the iPads desktop or more specific apps that only play video or sound, like pod casts for instant.